Exciting weekend coming up! Though I am already trying to figure out how I am going to drag myself out of bed tomorrow at 6am and wondering if my legs still work. It's been such a busy week, I've been biking to and from the office, but not doing much running at all. I might try to do a little shake-out run tonight after work. There's a bottle of white wine in the fridge already though, calling my name already (McVVV....McVVVV, drink meeeee).
Tomorrow morning is Lawyers Have Heart, the annual 10k slog up shadeless and unforgiving Canal Road in Georgetown with the final mile on the Death Valley-like Whitehurst Freeway. I am so not complaining about the heat. I just think the location of this race is less than choice. Nonetheless, whatever genius at the American Heart Association thought up the concept of marketing a 10k to law firms and their summer associates, I hope he or she got BIG raise. And the swag for this race is always excellent.
Saturday night I'm running the Potomac River Running Twilight Four miler out in Lansdowne. I actually signed up to run this the first year it was in existence. However it got stormed out by one of the scariest summer storms I have ever had the pleasure of riding out in a metal framed tent. The race was ultimately cancelled and the drive home was ridiculous--it was just pouring SHEETS.
Both races were free to register for so I figured why not? I threw away so much money on race fees last year (Rock n Roll Half in VB, Cherry Blossom 10 Miler, Marine Corp Marathon...) because of injury that I can't justify passing up a free or cheap racing opportunity.
Sunday I will be spectating as [Husband] rides in his first bike race!! I'm so excited to be the spectator/supporter as he has been dragged out of bed many an ungodly hour in the morning to watch me. I'm excited to be returning the favor.
Hurrah for the summer racing season! Anyone else racing this weekend?
You failed to tell me about Death Valley. We'll see about that pace we discussed. ;p
ReplyDeleteDid I invoke Death Valley? I should mention the first time I ran this race, I was hungover. And the second time I ran this race, I don't actually remember, but there's a good chance I was hungover. And the race used to start 30 minutes later. The Death Valley recollection is totally subjective and probably not true at all! :)
ReplyDelete