Sorry it's sideways. I can't seem to fix that. But in case you can't see, that's the three pine trees that used to stand at the base of our patio. Thank goodness they fell AWAY from the house. We didn't even hear the trees fall. Neither did our ever alert, ferocious guard dogs. The best news is that no one else's property was damaged and the trees are actually on the homeowners association's land, so we don't have to deal with the tree removal and there is a possibility the HOA insurance could cover the cost of the repairs to our patio. The tree roots upset about three feet of the patio bricks and trim, the grill (not pictured) is also a little jacked up. Either way, I am delighted at the prospect of shelling out some cash to fix a patio instead of a roof, some windows and siding.
There are of course many areas outside of the DC metro area that did not fair as well (Ocean :( City). I hope recovery efforts are speedy.
Other good news for local kids though, the storm has cleared up just in time for trick-or-treating!!! Yay! As a kid, I know I would have been really disappointed if a hurricane ruined Halloween. Too bad for the kids in our neighborhood that we give out pretzels.
I sleep just fine at night. Thank you.
*Local news station's emphasis, not mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment