Monday, August 8, 2011

Young Women of the World...

..Let's make a pact. Right here, right now. Put your hand over your heart and put up your three finger "scout's honor" sign and repeat after me:

I do hereby, solemnly swear to give it my best effort, the best ol' college try I know how to give, to eliminate the word like (except where properly applicable) from my vocabulary, to refrain from ending sentences on high note such that they become questions instead of statements; to be assertive when speaking, and if I in fact do not know what the hell I'm talking about, I will say so instead of beating around the bush with phrases such as, "well, maybe, if everyone thinks it ok, I would just suggest that perhaps..." 

For the sake of the public image, perception, and intellect of myself, my generation of women, and future generations of women who, though currently emulating Jersey Shore, but will surely snap out of it one day, will need a role model for conducting oneself in public, I do hereby promise to mend my ways and speak well from this day forward, forever and ever. Amen.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment