Monday, August 16, 2010

Even My Muffin Top Hurts

I'm on a serious mission to fit into this dress I bought the first week in February specifically for a wedding that is about 30ish days away. When I bought the dress, I was a little snug around the hips, but otherwise fine. I was either delirious and delusional that day or I really did gain 10 pounds the two weeks we were snowed in that month because the dress does NOT fit. I have worn it to 3 weddings this year and it was a struggle to squeeze into it. The next wedding is a family wedding, which means the photos will be around for awhile, so I'd like to look and feel a little more comfortable in this dress (which is otherwise fabulous...other than being too small). I've been making some ok progress and decided to step it up bit by doing the 30 Day Shred everyday till the wedding. My copy is currently on long term loan, so I just headed to Target to pick up another copy. BUT THEY WERE OUT. Ugh. So I picked up No More Trouble Zones instead, which I have also heard good things about. Except I get in line, and they were totally breaking the "if there are more than two customer's in line we open a new line" rule yesterday, and realize I have "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" and it's a 40 minute workout! What? I came for my 20 minutes shreds and I getting 40 minutes? I mean I want to look good, but this is a big time commitment. Quick evaluation of the register situation reconfirms that hell no, I am not getting of line to walk all across the store again. And it's 5:55 and I'm supposed to be in Silver Spring at 6:30 and still have to stop and buy ice cream. Sold. It might be 40 minutes, but it's a great workout. We have about 2 square feet of open space in our bedroom and that was enough. And you don't even need weights for this one like you do for the Shred (but you could use them if you wanted to make it extra tough). If you've done the shred, you'll be familiar with a few of the moves, but it's different enough to keep it interesting. It's hard too. It's like level three shred hard. And I'm not kidding when I say that even my muffin top was sore today.

3 comments:

  1. OMG that is hilarious! I have read about NMTZ in a couple blogs that say it's an awesome workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, that explains Sunday's tardiness! I want to check out this NMTZ sometime...let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, sorry, target took precedence.

    ReplyDelete