Thursday, August 26, 2010

Speaking of Swings & Misses

I got to go to a baseball game last night! One of the attorneys here was giving up his tickets to last night's Cubs/Nats match-up for free. I was first to respond and snagged the tickets. He asked me if I was a Cubs Fan or a Nats Fan: I'm really just a beer and baseball fan (though I do love me some Ryan Zimmerman). I LOVE the game day atmosphere, I love the new stadium, I love the crowd, I love the Bull Pen (the bar, not, you know, the actually pitching warm-up area though that is fine too). I love that I can get Hard Times and 5 Guys and Ben's all within 25 yards of each other. I love that guy who is the Head Nats pack dude (saw him in person last night!). I also got to take an old college friend and new DC-ite last night. She hadn't been to the stadium before and I'm glad I got to introduce her to the best sports venue in DC. We had a good time catching up, hanging out, and vaguely watching the game. I didn't look up to check the score till the 8th inning and it was 1-0 Cubs. Perhaps if I had continued to not pay attention the Nats would have had a shot. As soon as I actually started watching the game the Cubs scored three runs. I got home just in time to catch the newest episode of Top Chef-DC, which in my opinion has been a total BOTCH. Talk about a miss. Last night's challenge was pretty good though. The Chef-testants had to serve up-scale ballpark food at Nationals Park! Three of the Nationals (Adam Dunn and two guys who are not Steven Strausburg or Ryan Zimmerman) were part of the challenge and sampled all the dishes. They weren't part of judges table though...too bad. It was a good challenge IMHO because it FELT like DC for once instead of "Top Chef [Insert Generic City Here]." My only constructive criticism is that I would have liked to see a few more wide shots of the stadium in order to give a better sense of the location. I would've liked to see a little more Red Porch and a little less Tom Collichio's bald head (Sidenote: I saw a Wealth channel travel show episode from the '90s and Tom had HAIR). Also, Padma should never wear jerseys. It does not work for her. But what of her wardrobe HAS worked for her this season? I couldn't stay awake to see who won/was eliminated. Did anyone see?

No comments:

Post a Comment