Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Haven Pizza = Win

I didn't make it both pizza places, just Frank Pepe's, but it was delicious! The crust is crisp but chewy at the same time and the edges are just a little charred, which I was skeptical of, but it actually gives a nice flavor contrast to the rest of the crust. The sauce was definetly my favorite part. It's very simple-just tomatoes and my guess is salt and oregano. And it think with chunks of tomato rather than being smooth like most other pizza sauces. If you want cheese (other than the little bit of shaved parm on top) you have torder it "with mozarella." Kind of reminds me of ordering a cheese steak in Philly (with or without? I'm definately withoutn just a little provolone and hot sauce for me please!). I had my pizza with mozarella, garlic and brocolli. I think I'm already anticipating the jerk pizza at Seacrets next week and jumped at brocolli as a topping when I saw it on the menu last night. After a delicious dinner I got the grand tour of Yale from an alumnae. The architecture is AMAZING! I'd really like to get a book (or at least do some internet research) on the buildings because I'm curious about original buildings, when things were built the original layout of the campus, etc. Of course I was very much comparing it to William & Mary in my mind and look for cornerstones for dedication dates (oh, 1893? That one's a youngin'). Even in the dark, the campus was very impressive and the buildings were very cool. If only I'd had the motivation to get up and go for a run on Wednesday morning to check it out in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment