Wednesday, November 10, 2010

[Husband]'s Pumpkin Pie

3/4 C of Sugar 1 tsp of Cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground Ginger 1/2 tsp salt 1 1/2 C of pumpkin (PUMPKIN, not pumpkin PIE filling)--buy 2 cans and measure it out. 3 slightly beaten Eggs 1 1/2 C of Milk 1/2 C of Evaporated Milk Pie Crust for single crust pie Mix all ingredients. Pour into a slightly baked pastry shell. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until the center comes up/cake tester comes out pretty clean (it's custard, so it won't come out totally clean). If you want to make your own pumpkin filling (which is actually not nearly as hard as it seems) there are some great directions here at Annie's Eats. Whole Paycheck still had sugar pumpkins as of this past weekend. You can use pre-made pie crust, or if you want to make you own, I recommend Smitten Kitchen's recipes, here or here. [Husband] has a recipe, but I think it's magic and only works for him. I have had better luck personally with Smitten Kitchen. Happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. I had this recipe at Jenna's for Thanksgiving, and it was SO GOOD. Thanks, McV's husband!

    ReplyDelete