Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Thanksgiving!!
Several years ago, [Husband] and I decided, if you want to spend Thanksgiving with us, you have to COME to us. After a few years of stunned silence (what?) or looks of pity (you have no home to go to?) we realize we are in a unique majority. And really its a less rebellious statement/action than it seems.
My mom is only a few hours away and can usually make it up. [Husband]'s parents are nearby and usually like joining us ([Husband]'s mom get a big kick out of telling her friends that her son cooks T-giving every year), if they aren't with SIL and her in-laws. Other parts of our extended family have their own traditions and places to go, so we never really had to travel if we didn't want to. Plus, as a few of you know, WE LOVE TO ENTERTAIN. Like LOVE. Can't think of many things we'd rather do! I'm addicted to cute cocktail napkins and centerpieces.
This year we are hosting SIL and her family of 3, [Husband]'s parents aka Mom & Dad, and my mom aka Mommy. I know, I'm 27, she's still Mommy.
Whatever we serve, dinner is always encored with [Husband]'s amazing handiwork in the form of pumpkin and apple pies. He even makes his own pastry dough! YUM.
Over the next couple days, I'll post the Pumpkin Pie Recipe, one of my favorite extra easy and fancy appetizer recipes, AND one of our favorite entertaining for a crowd "gimmicks." If you're hosting a crowd or T-giving and that crowd includes your in-laws, you might want to check it out (hint: it involves liquor).
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Preston and I FINALLY decided to stay here this year, and I am so. freaking. excited. (though we're not hosting anyone...just sleeping a lot!) I can't wait to hear all about your Thanksgiving menu!
ReplyDelete