Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Vacation!
Despite Tomas' best efforts and our fool decision to not buy trip insurance, St. Lucia is open for business, and [Husband] and I will be flying out on Sunday for our long awaited tropical vacation!
We booked the trip back in February or March. Only then did we learn that this was to be the most active hurricane season since 2005. Whoops.
Speaking of hurricanes, our room looks like one right now as I began packing this evening. No one will be going to bed until I make a little more progress. Because there is no place to sleep.
Any packing advice? A friend is getting married in the Bahamas in February, so I was able to glean a lot of great travel advice from their wedding website---mainly bring everything you can because you don't want to end up buying tylenol and tums or sunscreen at their import prices. I bought every sort of medicine for every sort of temporary illness we (and by we I mean [Husband]) might encounter while we're there. Anything else to consider? I've got the usual beach things, dresses for dinner. What else?
My big fear is that I'm going to forget either my passport or my bathing suit or we'll miss the plane. eek!
I'm going to put all my bathing suits in our suitcase right now!
Labels:
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray!!have some drinks for me:) Also, def make sure you make 2 copies of your passport and leave one with a trusted friend staying in the states and stash the other copy somewhere in your luggage that is not with the original passport. This way, if you loose the passport, you at least have copies which can expedite getting a replacement.
ReplyDeleteI AM SO JEALOUS! I have no packing advice because I ALWAYS over pack. I make a list and pack the list too just so I know I'm not forgetting something coming home...but that might be more for my toddler...Have tons of fun!
ReplyDelete