Friday, December 9, 2011

Blog Housekeeping

Well I brought my own lemon pledge last week and decided to spruce some things up here on this blog.

I got Photoshop Elements from [Husband] for Christmas last year and haven't made much headway in learning it, but I found some online tutorials written by other bloggers about making Blogger headers and voila, what you see before you is my first creation. It was relatively easy to put together and unlike my last header, which I made in Gimp, it actually fits in the headers space and seems to be centered.

I would list out the tutorials I used, but honestly, I had to cobble together directions using about four different sets of instructions because either things will left out or I had a different version of Photoshop than the writer did, so the directions weren't quite right. I guess I'll have to write my own set of directions sometime.

Besides the picture, my favorite elements are the font, "Riesling," which I downloaded here for free (found via Pinterest), and the brush tool in Photoshop which let me sweep those fun purple leaves all over the header. It's so fancy!

I'm also slowly tweaking the fonts and colors on the sites (suggestions/comments welcome, I could tweak fonts until the end of time...). I like neutrals and I'm very into plummy shades of purple right now if you couldn't tell.  I bought napkins from World Market for Thanksgiving in a shade called "Crushed Violet." I love it. I want to live in a crushed violet world. And now, at least on my blog, I can.



(If you get the reference in the first line, leave me a comment. You deserve some extra awesome points.)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Mister gave me Photoshop for Christmas last year, and I agree - good online tutorials are really hard to find. Eventually I gave up, and thus have done absolutely no work with Photoshop since. SO basically, I applaud you! You're ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete