So imagine my delight when Corporette featured not one, but TWO items of clothing in the TPS Report aka "The Personal Shopper" that I once owned but chose to return for things that are better! Bonus because both came from Nordstrom which is of course fancy!
The TPS report for Friday, November 18 featured this knit pencil skirt from Nordstrom's Halogen line.
To be fair, the blogger hasn't necessarily wear tested each item, the purpose of the column is more to highlight good deals or beautiful (usually work appropriate) pieces avaialble. That's where the comments come in. I would say that 50% of the value of Corporette comes from the writer starting the conversation and the other 50% comes from readers chiming in with their thoughts in the comments section.
So I chimed right in with this comment:
My mom had purchased this for me for me birthday in September, but it wasn't quite right. If I had a need or a place to wear skirts out on the weekend with fun shoes, this might have been useful, but as far as office attire, it was too casual, too tight and not nearly safe enough for button down shirts!
There was general consensus in the comments agreeing with my statements and loving on the seamed pencil skirt I exchanged it for, so obviously then I was feeling REALLY stylish. Did I mention I got the seamed skirt in "yellow raisin"? That's right, whose playing safe now?! Gettin' wild!
This morning's TPS report featured the very sweater my mom bought me to go with the returned skirt. Too funny. I also returned the sweater because it was cut seven kinds of wrong for me. I felt a little bad about returning all the things my mom picked out for me (she knows, I told her, and this is theonly miss she's had in buying me clothes since I was mmm, 12? It just happened to be a double miss), so I felt stylish AND less bad when several commentors agreed that the sweater was not good for the tall, long or chesty and would probably be better for someone who is short or at least petite.
Phew, I'm not picky, I just have fashion sense.

No comments:
Post a Comment