Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wednesday Pet Peeves and Nasties

Since it's hump day and everything I'm going to take this opportunity to complain about some stuff I don't particularly care for.

PET PEEVES
Poor Elevator Etiquette: It drives me NUTS when people try to get on the elevator before you can exit. NUTS I tell you.  And then they usually give you this dumb stare like, oh, did you want to get off? Wait is this not my personal elevator?

Poor Phone Etiquette: I thought it was a generally accepted principal of phone etiquette that when placing a phone call you tell the recipient who you are and the purpose of your call up front. Based on my experiences this week, it is not. Why are you calling me and immediately launching into your spiel which, btw usually doesn't even make any sense because you didn't give me any context? Why do people think this is ok? I think it's rude, not to mention inconvenient. 

OccupyDC: The ridiculousness at McPherson Square this week was just really silly.

I JUST DON'T LIKE IT
Having a Tassimo/Keurig and a regular coffee pot (I'm sorry if that is anyone reading this): I personally don't care for the quality of coffee that the "pod" machines make, but I'm an admitted coffee snob. I really just don't get it though when people have a regular coffee pot AND a Keurig. Why?

The nonsense that is traffic on days when it's raining lightly: It's just a drizzle. It's not reason to freak out or reduce speed to 17 miles an hour. Just pretend it's not raining! See? So EASY! No wonder everything goes to hell when it snows.

Sharing: I just prefer not to. I'm a bad sharer, but at least I'm honest about it.

That's all for now. Surprisingly, for those of you who know me, these lists are rather short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment