Friday, May 13, 2011

Two Things on Twitter

I saw two things on Twitter today that made me laugh (because while I wasn't blogging, I was gettin' it ON with Twitter):

After meditating about 20 seconds I edited it to myself as "places where you'll already be outside to get picked up for drunk in public."


And then this.



I clicked through because I thought it was about champagne and berries. I am always on the lookout for a champagne cocktail that is more complex than "Put berry in champagne flute; Top with champers; Drink" (that's not a recipe), but not quite, "Mix champagne and [insert hard to find old man liquor your local ABC doesn't carry], top with everclear." (because those always taste not so good). After clicking through a bit
I realized, SOUTHERN LIVING IS TRYING TO PASS OFF TRASHCAN SLURRY AS SOME SORT OF CLASSY ASS BEV that you should be serving at garden parties and teas. And wearing hats whilst you delicately sip.

This was hilarious to me and prompted me to shoot off a quick email to some college friends. That email in turn reminded me of some other funny things that in no way included, underage drinking, being drunk in public, or drinking on school property.  We were wearing hats though.

I am totally making this for our next party though. I am already envisioning the pretty glass container with a crafty little chalk board tied around it with a pink gingham ribbon. And the perfect silver ladle. And how I will shoot this stuff out my nose laughing about drinking out of trashcans every time I tale a sip.

1 comment:

  1. I read that recipe to Mr. the other night and we about died, too. I think his exact words were, "Couldn't I just make slurry?"

    Classy, Southern Living, classy.

    ReplyDelete