Friday, May 27, 2011

Week in Review

OMGZZZZZZZZZ. For realz ya'll, I am so glad it's Friday.  Here's a bullet point review of some of the weeks highlights.

  • This was a work week in which I was sure Friday would never come. A friend had on her gchat this week, "Are you sure it's Tuesday? Because all signs point to Monday." This sums up every day this week for me. It was a week were I would not say I love my job.  However, we had an event last night that went very very well and I really enjoy doing the sit-down dinner organizing, so that sent the week out on a high note. Although this morning I could not find the jeans I wanted to wear for Casual Friday, and that brought me crashing back to reality. 
  • I downloaded my first "pay" book on my Kindle app on my phone this week. If you haven't read "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson, you should invest in a copy. Every line is hysterical. If we still used IM, every line in the book would make a great away message.
  • I have not missed a workout yet this week. In fact, I have not missed a workout since May 2. I struggle with consistency, so this is a huge victory for me.
  • This is the second to last week of the mini-S's living with us (in case you don't know, my younger brother-in-law and sister-in-law have been renting our basement room from us for the last year).  Fun fact: [Husband] and I have never lived alone together. I know, but Real Estate in DC is expensive ya'll. 
  • Celebrity news: So my boss went to Brown for college and guess who ELSE went to Brown and was in her class? No guesses? Really? Come on this is SO obvious! Ok, I will tell you. Jim from the Office! This is obviously a big deal, but then guess what else? She brought in her freshman facebook yesterday (she's going to her reunion this weekend and pulled it out for the trip), and they are RIGHT next to each other. This is a really big deal. Also, turns out another friend of mine went to high school with John Petersik of Young House Love. I am practically famous myself. 
  •  Another friend had this on her gchat this week. Hilarious. I wish someone would send me a cover letter like this. 
  • Has anyone read the Fug Girls book, "Spoiled" is it even out yet? I think I'm going to have to read that. 
  •  
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment