Monday, April 16, 2012

So Proud, You'd Think I Gave Birth To It*

I co-hosted a baby shower for my Sister-in-Law with my Mother-in-Law, other Sister-in-Law, Brother-in-Law and [Husband]. It was a real family effort and it turned out just wonderful. They also gave me free reign to plan and delegate the execution of tasks. These are my kind of co-hosts.

I decided to try my hand at making fondant and covering a cake in it again. I had preyty good luck with a simple fondant cake for a friend's daughters birthday a few months ago and so this time I decided to step it up and get as complicated as humanly possible. I found a photo on Pinterest I wanted to replicate and after 1.5 of Googling and YouTube searching, I found a reasonable amount of tips and instructions to feel somewhat confidant about putting it all together.

Ta-da!


I'm seriously so proud of this cake. It was a three layer chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and raspberry preserves in between the layers. The fondant is home-made marshmallow fondant, so it's actually quite tasty.  I made the bird's nest on top with coconut, and toasted it to a perfect J-Wow-likeTan.  It was pretty AND tasty!

*I know you love my baby shower humor. I do too.

3 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo pretty! I'm seriously impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your cute colors! i've made marshmalow fondant before too...its so much more tasty than the real stuff. fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete