Friday, April 13, 2012

The Spring-Day-Open-Your-Windows Police

I think we're going to have a beautiful spring day today. You know, the kind where the breeze is blowing and the air temperature is perfect, not to hot and not to cold, and all the neighbors have their windows open letting the fresh air and sunshine in. We are not those neighbors. Even on the prettiest days, are windows are shut up tight.

I don't like to open the windows and I feel a little wasteful about. It's beautiful out! A breeze is blowing! No need to run the A/C! What a spoiled little wretch, has to have her A/C!  The truth is, I just don't want to open the windows. In my mind, I always forget that the window are open and it rains and then there's a puddle to clean up. Also the dogs can here outdoor noises amplified  by 87,000,000 decibels when the windows are open, and as a result they are constantly going nuts. And in case you didn't know, in our complex barking dogs are equivalent to crying babies in expensive, candle-lit restaurants.

And then I remember! I have allergies! TERRIBLE allergies. Hooray! I can't open my windows, they'd be ten times worse if I let all the pollen in my house. I need my A/C and my hypo-allergenic, organic, made in Canada extra healthy air-filter. Phew. Now when the imaginary It's-A-Spring-Day-Open-Your-Windows Police show up I will have a good excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment