Monday, January 3, 2011

Merry Christmas!

From reading my blog you would think we skipped right over the holidays and straight into 2011. In fact we did celebrate Christmas (thanksgiving too, did I post about that?) in fine fashion. Here are a few pictures and brief narrative on our holiday exploits. Here's the Christmas tree farm we visited on a brisk December Saturday to cut down our own tree. It wasn't actually a Christmas tree farm, more like a Christmas tree patch, but they had all different kinds of trees in all sizes. We were able to find a short (3' or so) tree and it was only $20. We'd never cut our own tree before and I thought it would be fun to try. I did have fears of it becoming some sort of Griswold family-esque circus of an event, but it was fine! I would go back again! It was so easy I would even be willing to take small children! And there was free cider! The Friday before Christmas we had a little get together at our house... ...at which 22 bottles of wine and 2 handles of liquor were consumed. Christmas eve was spent at [Husband's] sister's house where much wine, many cookies and this lasagna were consumed. Christmas tree! Carols on the piano! Wine! Christmas day we drove to my Mom's to have Christmas with her... ...and share a lovely Christmas dinner, complete with Christmas crackers and the fabulous paper party hats that are always inside. Griffin was very intrigued by the singing snowmen display my mom has. The next morning we awoke to SNOW! Lot's of it! The drive home was pretty slow since everything south or Richmond was unplowed/sanded/salted.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, aren't they hilarious in the snow?! Ness does exactly what Griffin does (i.e. hops enthusiastically through the snow).

    ReplyDelete