Monday, January 3, 2011

Update for post below

I almost for got! Christmas Eve morning I got up at 5:40am to go to one of the local running shops "fun runs." And fun it was running up both Army Navy AND Arlington Ridge. I was very well rewarded though. That morning's fun run was sponsored by Brooks, there was a rep there and all the Brooks gear was on sale. Best of all though, they raffled off two pairs of shoes, and I won! I got a free pair of Brooks! I went with my old standby, the Brooks Adrenaline, which is one of the most popular running shoes for women (I think I see 7 out of 10 women wearing this shoe at any run I go to). The 11th edition has some nice updates:
  • Little eyes to put your laces through on the tongue so it DOESN'T MOVE.
  • 2 sets of eyes on the sides are attached to the shoe with elastic so you can lace up nice and snug, but still get a little give when you flex your foot.
And the Brooks logo is red patent leather. I like that also.

2 comments:

  1. I always knew you were a winner. :) And, can we run a race (a short-ish one) together sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! I'm actually signed up for this, which just sounds right up your alley: http://www.cupidsundierun.com/

    There are also some good 5ks coming up.

    ReplyDelete