Friday, January 7, 2011

When I was in college...

Interesting article from the Times (where else?) on how technology has changed the long-distance dating game in college. This statement from the second page really struck me
“Having a long-distance relationship allows me to compartmentalize everything that I do.”
I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Interesting how much Skype has changed things. Back in the dark ages it was just IM or maybe a cell phone if you had one. I did long-distance once (yuck--that was bad long distance or not) and I purposefully never did it again. Like some people naturally predisposed to get a bad taste from cilantro I think I am naturally predisposed to not handle long-distance. When [Husband] and I got together it was all on the condition that I get a job in the same area or it wasn't happening...can you imagine?

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, I too did the long distance thing freshman year (didnt half of our hall?!) and it was disatrous to say the least. The bastard cheated on me with his now wife. But really, I won at life. Thank you karma :)

    ReplyDelete