Friday, February 4, 2011
Heck Yes, Friday
In honor of Friday and bars and happy hour, a few of my favorite cocktails.
1) Number one top of the list is a Dirty Banana at Seacrets in Ocean City. Say what you want about Ocean City, say what you want about Seacrets (I will quickly reassure you I only go there during the day), but this drink is the s$#@. Bananas, DeKuypers Banana Schnapps, Kahlua, chocolate syrup, possibly rum and cream? So goooood. I should see if I have a picture for you somewhere...
2) Cranberry Bourbon Punch at PS7. This is the most ridiculous drink I've ever had. It's better than a crack stuffed Chipotle Burrito topped with truffles. It's amazing. And so simple. And you barely even know there's booze in it. Gina Chersevanni, the Mixologist in Chief at PS7 is a genius. It's cranberries and pears juiced together with rosemary, bourbon and some simple syrup and a smidge of lemon I think. It was the seasonal punch this winter and it was seriously out of this world.
3) A Berret's Bloody Mary. I wish I could still remember the exact recipe for the bloody mix, but basically make it extra spicy and rim the glass with old bay. I love salt.
4) Gnomes Water at Tallula - Incredibly refreshing mix of cucumber water and Hendricks Gin. Ahhh, I feel refreshed just thinking about it. And the Gin does actually matter. There's something about Hendricks...it's just so cool.
5) Presidential Martini at Off the Record at the Hay Adams. Olives? Check. Stuffed with DELICIOUS Blue Cheese? Check! Shaken extra hard? Yes. Served up? Oh, Yes. The atmosphere at Off the Record is very cool. Exactly the kind of place you want to be having a martini in Washington. It's steps from the White House in the basement of the Hay Adams Hotel (Where nothing is overlooked except the White House. Really). Doesn't hurt that this guy is your bartender either.
Whooo, Friday!
Have a good one.
Labels:
booze,
Nothin' in particular
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think favorite pre-dinner drink is a wedding cake martini and Big River in Chattanooga was the best I've EVER had. I also love a morning Bloody Mary and, like a crack addict, I keep searching for one that will live up to the best I ever had in Savannah. It was the morning after St Patty's though so I don't even remember where we were haha
ReplyDeleteWhat's a wedding cake martini?? That sounds delish.
ReplyDeleteI once had a key lime pie martini at A. Carrolls in Williamsburg (like waaaaay back in the day) and it had something in it that was kind of unexpected (not cream, can't for the life of me remember what it was), but it was the best "frou frou" drink I've ever had. They don't make it anymore of course.