- For an anti-technology fan, and someone who is not on facebook, I really freaking LOVE twitter. I follow a few friends, a few bloggers, but mostly companies or news outlets that I like. I kind of feel like a tool when I tweet, but it's such an incredible interactive tool and amazing for bringing information together quickly. You know how I knew my commute was screwed the day of Thundersnowmageddonocolypesjam? Because of tweets and retweets by sites like Arlington Now.
- It REALLY kills me when people try to walk on the elevator without letting people get off. I'M SORRY THIS ISN'T YOUR PERSONAL ELEVATOR. So rude.
- Our dog is a great white shark. I'm pretty sure if you x-rayed the Griffs fat beast belly you'd find tin cans and old shoes and stuff. Sometime over the course of last week she chewed a little plastic piece with a spring in it from the privacy cover for our station wagon's trunk. You know how we figured this out...
- I got Quicken for Christmas and just set it up about 2 weeks ago. It's awesome! I feel so in control! And slightly less broke as well as more motivated to spend less since I can see the wonderful couches, refrigerators, and vacations (and car repair and house/life emergencies) we are saving for.
- I got up at 3am this morning to order an iPhone online. I don't need an iPhone (see prior claim to be anti-technology), but no one said "no" and stopped m,e so I did it. I'm waiting to see what magnificent punishment gets doled out for this extravagance. I'll take an over/ under on how long it takes me to crack the screen or something.
- I signed up for the Oklahoma City Marathon yesterday (random, I know, my dad lives there).
- Would anyone like to run the Richmond (11/12) or Philly Half (11/20)? I can see it now...we can be "Team In Real Life!" I'll make the t-shirts.
- There's a sign in the kitchen on my floor that says, "please be considerate, don't leave food in the microwave. thank you." I am DYING, like DYING to post a sign that says "Now I just want to leave food in the microwave just to bug you." I've restrained myself so far.
- I never call anyone. I'm terrible about staying in touch. When I haven't called in a long time, I feel guilty and then I feel less like calling than I did before and then I feel bad so I don't think about it. It's a phone-phobia. And also a fear that I will run out of things to say.
- I really like reading people's birth stories. I think I would rather know all the rough, unedited details so I won't be taken too off guard. I want to know how painful it might be, how much stuff to steal from the hospital (and what to steal) and what kind of candy to bring the nurses. The need for this information is far enough in the future that I shouldn't be expending my limited brain power on it now.
- Similarly, whenever I see coupons for pregnancy tests I think I should clip it and stock up, you know, for later. Because we have room in our bathroom for that....
- I also worry about who will teach our kids to drive (not me...) and if our dog will like kids (she hasn't shown a real talent for this yet).
- OMG, how is it 4pm already. ugh.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
A Thursday Hodge Podge
It's been toooo long. I can't seem to think of cohesive posts, so I thought I'd just leave the blog post window open and right down thoughts as they come to me this afternoon. A "Brain Dump" post of you will.
Labels:
Nothin' in particular
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
omg on the marathon! I think I'm gonna sign up for Long Beach (because huzzy's nasty sister is getting married there that day and I need something to look forward to) and it's around the same time SO WE CAN BE VIRTUAL TRAINING BUDDIES! aaaaaaaand to answer your question (because I can't reply to your comments) I think it was better that I'm a nurse when I was going through all that in the hospital - otherwise I would have been scared crapless!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Hodge Podge posts!!
ReplyDelete1. I will totally sign up to run the Philly Half with you! I can't wait to start running again. That said, by "with you" I offer no guarantee that I will run with you...I have a feeling I'll be way slow.
2. You can actually print some pregnancy test coupons online (I know I got some First Response ones online)
3. I also love birth stories, and am so so thankful I've read them (because I do feel more prepared for the fact that seriously, anything could happen. I must say, there is SO much about pregnancy that no one talks about, and it is freaking annoying. Maybe one of these days I'll write a password protected post about all the stuff that I wish I'd known but no one told me.
4. Ness pooped up pieces of her blue toy the other day, so I understand about Griffin.
5. iPhone! And a marathon! Both so exciting!
1. The Richmond 1/2 is totally my first post-Brother running goal. And I'm down for "IRL" shirts.
ReplyDelete2. Cheap tests work really well too:)
3. If you're ever curious, I can send you mine from my old blog (at least Punky's). I also have no modesty, so....that means there's no filter. My b.
4. I'll also post Brother's. And maybe I'll share the awesomeness that (wasn't) my appointment on Wednesday. I got swabbed. I felt like a 50 year old man. That's all I shall say.
I will take all-comers, "fast" or "slow" :)
ReplyDeleteI'll post when I get around to signing up.
Ah! If only I ran that far. I just have no motivation to do so. I think a 10K is really my limit, but maybe I could be convinced... Possibly with a cute t-shirt design. :)
ReplyDeleteDitto on the birth stories. Just heard another from my dear friend from home. And I feel SO much more prepared. It's scary and a little gross, but I'd also rather know. I hear stretchy mesh panties are the best things ever created.
Sammy eats EVERYTHING. Sometimes I find myself (being a good mother) saying, "um, WHAT IS THAT???" as if she'll answer me. Ha.
Let's run and beast-it-up soon. :)
ha, wait til you race a 10k, you'll be begging for more and running halfs before you know it ;)
ReplyDelete