Monday, February 28, 2011
Oscar Night
Did anyone else watch the Oscars? Was James Franco completely STONED or was it just me?
I really enjoyed Anne Hathaway (though there were admittedly a few strikingly awkward moments of Tracy Flick-esque earnestness). I feel kind of bad for her because she basically carried the WHOLE SHOW ALONE while J Franco was busy being stoned/drunk/too cool for school.
I must say that I REALLY really enjoyed the Robert Downey Jr./Jude Law banter last night. To quote the FugGirls, "It's official: Robert Downey, Jr. is the way to make me care about Jude Law again." They were a terrific duo in Sherlock Holmes (thank goodness that movie was totally set up for a sequel). And isn't RDJ a good sport about his drug/hooker problems? What a trooper. Charlie Sheen, I hope you were taking notes.
...
Sorry, I got distracted trying to find a picture of J Franco and Anne Hathaway looking really awkward together. Shockingly, I couldn't find one.
BYT Tweeted that Reese Witherspoon looked like she got confused and went to the Oscar's instead of The Miss Texas Pageant circa 1963 or something like that. I have to disagree. I thought she looked pretty great. She reminded me of classic Barbie in the black and white striped bathing suit and I kind of loved it.
Also, to paraphrase GMA, mother's were the accessory of choice for the 2011 Oscar's. But was anyone's mom more awesome than Tim Hooper's? She SCOUTED the movie for him. She went to an unrehearsed reading of an unproduced play, went home and told him about it, and here he is accepting the best picture award. To paraphrase Tim Hooper, listen to your mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment