Monday, March 7, 2011

For Sale

BTW, I currently have this great hutch listed on craiglist. My grandparent's bought it when they were newlyweds in 955 and I rescued it from my grandfather's house when he passed away last year. We brought the matching sideboard home as well. I have plans for the sideboard and have decided that since I can't put my finger on a good use for the hutch, it's gonna have to go. It's real live "Mid-Century Modern" furniture with some of the Scandinavian flair some prevalent in design of that era. It's solid wood through and through and has survived an intense beating over the last 60 years (multiple kids, multiple grandkids, neighborhood stray kids...) and still looks awesome. It would make a great piece for some of the projects you see on Young House Love and Apartment Therapy or Centsational Girl. If you or someone you know is interested, the price would be majorly negotiable, like possibly free ninety-nine negotiable. I'd lvoe to get some cash for it, but at the same time, it just needs to go. When I was going through old pictures, also rescued from my grandfather's house, I found some photos of the furniture in their first home. I included a picture of that picture in the ad, it's kid of neat. You can see the piece I'm keeping in the far left of the photo frame. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/fuo/2250256220.html I'm hoping to do something along these lines, but slightly less rustic, with the piece I'm keeping:

1 comment:

  1. I have an old toy bench and medicine cabinet that I'd like to redo. Blog party, woot!

    ReplyDelete