Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I thought today would be a great day to post my two pictures from last Saturday’s Four Courts Four. Sarah and I meet up around 8:40am to mill around with the other runners and get pumped for the race start at 9am. I had picked up our numbers and t-shirts the day before, so when I arrived, Sarah commenced to get nekkid and put her race shirt on. I opted to throw mine over the long sleeve shirt I already had on. Yes, we broke the number one rule of running: Don’t wear the race t-shirt to the race (see also: Don’t wear the band’s t-shirt to the show). But it didn’t seem to bring us any bad karma. If anything it was good luck because we had an excellent race! I had to put in a 15 mile long run total for the day, so I took a long route all around Arlington to get in 11 miles beforehand. Meeting up with Sarah and getting to do the last four in 1) a race setting 2) with official water stops and 3) with Mrs. Speed Demon by my side really made those some quality miles. Sarah set an excellent pace, we ran nice and steady out and really charged up the hill on the way back (expending some minor energy to “throw [our] hands up” because they DJ was playing our song). Sarah pushed ahead to finish in 40:25 and I tried to draft behind her and ended up finishing with a great time of 40:31.
Victoria S. 27 Arlington VA Gun-41:51.0 Net-40:31.2 AVG-10:08
I have to say I was really proud of myself to put in an average pace of 10:08 after running 11 miles right before the race.

I may have been so excited with my time that I re-fueled with more Guiness than water after the race…whoops!

Good friends, good beer, good run!! Good little Saturday! :)

1 comment: