Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh, Hello

I had big plans to blog all about last weekend and all the fun stuff we did, but then my whole life exploded (in a good way) and last week just passed me by. Saturday morning, I joined the Pacer's Fun Run group for a marathon training long run. Even though I belong to the Arlington Road Runner's group, sometimes I switch off and do the Pacer's run if it suits my schedule or or planned distance better. I was a little concerned jumping back into the long run after being on vacation, but this was a great run. There was a big crowd and not one, but two people running my pace (around 10:30 or so). I'm usually just a little behind the group and ahead of the walkers, so it was amazing to have two people -- Kerri and Steve -- to run with and talk to to during that run. We did 10 miles on the Capital Crescent Trail and then Steve and I did an extra 4 on the Mount Vernon trail to make it 14. Saturday afternoon [Husband] and I headed to Reston for our niece's second birthday! She is such an amazing little person, it's hard to believe she's only two. She very much understood the birthday concept this year and that she was the birthday girl. We're making a tradition of giving her a t-shirt and a check for her birthday it seems. Last year we gave her a little t-shirt from Magnolia Cupcake in New York that said "I Heart Cupcakes," and a check for her "first semester tuition at William & Mary." We love giving her little W&M things since all the S* siblings and spouses went there, except [Niece's] dad, who went to -- dun dun --UVA. AHH! Just kidding...This year we gave her a ski patrol t-shirt from Big Mountain and a check for $50 for, wait for it, her first pint night at the Leafe. We're so hilarious. Seriously though, I looked up the date for her 21st, hoping it was a Sunday (Mug Night), it wasn't, but it was a Tuesday! I'm glad it wasn't a Wednesday, I was never big on Corona Night at Paul's. For the party I attempted Whoopie Pies with marshmallow filling for the first time. OMG, these are delicious! They're also pretty easy though they do take a little time to assemble. The good news is the batter and filling keep in the fridge very nicely. I made this batch with pink icing for the party on Saturday, and later that weekend I made some with green filling with the leftover batter. Yuuuuum. I forgot to take a picture of those though, so here's another picture of the pink ones.

2 comments:

  1. I love it...and $50 for mug night?! You better hope she's got lots of friends and no Monday classes cause thats enough for 4 mug nights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we adjusted for inflation and the fact that she already has a rather refined palete, so she may want something higher end than bud light. ;)

    ReplyDelete