Do you ever Google yourself? My dad told me about 5 or 6 years ago (basically when I first started looking for a job) that I should do this regularly. Just to check up on my identity and see what's out there. Thanks to googling myself, I know that:
- There is a First Name Maiden Name who lives in Yonkers, NY (what?)
- You can see the program from one of my 8th grade orchestra concerts online
- There are actually quite a few First Name Married Names out there, which is kind of weird too. I think of both my former and current last name as being pretty unique.
- There are some weirdo First Name Married Name people out there with some weirdo MySpace profiles. Does anyone even USE MySpace anymore?
- I picked the name that's on my resume (First Name Maiden Name Married Name) because I thought it would be too unique to turn up much on a google search. I was correct. See, I am TOTALLY special.
- My blog does NOT pop up, which is a good thing in my mind.
If you haven't googled yourself before, I recommend doing it. It's useful to know what's out there about you.
No comments:
Post a Comment