Monday, July 11, 2011

Ice Cream and Popsicles, Part II

So the last post was all about popsicles, I tricked you with the title and did not talk about ice cream at all! Ha!

You were duped.

So what about ice cream? I really want an ice cream maker. Specifically this one


I think this is another kitchen gadget that probably only gets pulled out once a year, but when you want it you're really glad you have it. 

If I was ever on Top Chef Masters and they asked me to create a dish around one of my formative food experiences, I would probably have to make some sort of ice cream. When I was 12, I went on vacation with our neighbors to Gulf Shores and we made fresh peach ice cream using a recipe from a Ben and Jerry's home ice cream recipe book. I knew that you could make ice cream, as in I knew it was possible and that ice cream makers existed, but it was still pretty magical to watch someone whip up some ice cream, peach ice cream, with peaches bought at a road-side stand while driving through Georgia. 

[Husband] thinks getting an ice cream maker is a great idea, although I'm not sure there's a universe where he would say "no" to any sort of new kitchen gadget, so I imagine this will be making it's debut in our kitchen in not too long. 

The popsicles by the way turned out pretty delicious. The watermelon was a little more melon and musky than sweet, but the lime juice made up for that, so I think that's a winning recipe. We have four more to eat and then I'll need to find a new popsicle combination to try out.

1 comment:

  1. I have a little cheap cuisinart ice cream maker and it is FABULOUS. I make three ingredient ice cream that is so good and my running buddy just made cherry sorbet (from Skinny Taste) with hers!

    ReplyDelete