Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wolf Trap

I went to Wolf Trap last night see Huey Lewis & the News . Fun fact: Did you know they were originally Huey Lewis & the American Express? They had to change the name for legal reasons.

I always think, 'Oh Wolf Trap, old people go there, I'll be  home by 10pm." False. The opening act didn't even go on until after 8 and Huey Lewis & the News (have to say the whole thing because it's not just about Huey Lewis, the News is an important part of the act...instrumental, if you will) didn't go on until after 9. Dang, yo. I didn't get home until about 5 bottles of wine past my bed time aka midnight.

As a result, I verbally assaulted some tourists on the metro escalator this morning.  There was a family taking a PICTURE on the escalator. No, really, they're all grinning and posing, taking up the whole width of the walkway and there's someone about 5 steps lower on the escalator taking their picture. Seriously? This is not only annoying, but likely unsafe. So I told them to move it or lose it, and the mom called me a bitch. And then I yelled something back about taxes and living here and getting to work. I'm banking on the fact that they're from Indiana and don't know that Federal money is a significant source of funding for WMATA.

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero. Additionally, while it is legal to take pictures in the Metro, there are some parameters, which the moron tourists were not following, namely the part about not blocking normal ingress/egresses. http://dcist.com/2007/04/13/photographers_i.php

    PS. I bet they were wearing fanny packs. loosers.

    ReplyDelete