Friday, January 27, 2012

in my dreams

I got to go to New York this week for work. It was a very quick trip, just up on the noon Acela and back the next day on the 6pm. I love riding the train and I love visiting New York, so even though I had to sit in a windowless conference room all day on Tuesday, it was still a fun little trip.

I spent the few hours after my arrival and before meeting friends for dinner just wandering around the mid-town area (I can hear my mother now, you did WHAT? ALONE? Are you insane?), and looking at everything. The best free, fun thing to do in New York? Walk & look at stuff.

I've spent approximately 67 hours in New York City in my whole life and this was the first time I'd ever been above 50th. I was on a mission to find the mid-town Momofuku Milk bar (which I did), but I saw something WAY more exciting while I was walking around: the newest location of drybar!! I wasn't sure what is was when I initially saw it, but I googled it immediately, and almost died.

My one crazy pampered millionairess dream is to have someone come to my house every day and do my hair. Can you imagine? I'm sure you have because I'm sure many of you share this very fantasy. If a drybar ever opens in DC it's probably about as close as I'll ever get.

So what is it? It's a salon, but there's not cuts, no color, just blowouts (I can hear the angels in curly-haired girl heaven singing). And shoulder massages too. And there are memberships! You know how long a good blowout will last, for a mere $125 (NY prices!) you can have 4 professional blowouts a month. Yeah still a lot of money, but a girl can dream can't she? Sigh, drybar, we don't really even know each other, but I love you from several states away.

Also, I did other interesting things in New York besides fantasy about blowouts. I will try to post those pictures, but you know how I am, so don't hold your breath! I won't be held liable for you asphyxiating.

No comments:

Post a Comment