I do love me some pumpkin flavored things, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes, I even have some "pumpkin pie filling" body wash. I know.
One of my co-workers recently made this bread and brought it in to share and I couldn't help but think it might be EXTRA delicious iced with some of Alison's pumpkin spread. Too much? No, I didn't think so either.
This makes a great coffee accompaniment, but is definitely sweet enough to serve as dessert.
Pumpkin Pecan Loaf
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 12 Servings
INGREDIENTS
No-Stick Spray
1/2 C. Light Olive Oil (or vegetable/conola/oil of your choice oil)
1/2 C. sugar
2 large eggs
1 C. solid pack canned pumpkin (no pie filling, actual pumpkin)
1/3 C. of milk
1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 C. chopped pecans
Topping
1/2 C. chopped pecans
1/2 C. firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp Light Olive Oil (or vegetable/conola/oil of your choice oil)
Method
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees/ Coat 9x5 inch loaf pan lightly with flour no-stick cooking spray
2. Stir Olive Oil and sugar together with spoon. Stir eggs until blended. Add pumpkin and milk. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Add to pumpkin mixture, stirring until well combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Combine 1/2 cup pecans, brown sugar and olive oil until mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
4. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
I am making everything pumpkin these days...including the pumpkin muffins we've been eating for 5 days straight because I got a leeeettle over zealous :) I'm even making pumpkin gravy for thanksgiving turkey!
ReplyDelete