Friday, December 17, 2010

The Day I Reached the End of the Internets (Again)

It's been one of those weeks. Not too busy, but busy enough to be annoying, and yet slow enough that I've reached the End of the Internets at least twice this week. Before lunch. Sigh. I no longer have a Facebook Account so I've had to really work hard to fill the void in my internet life. I used to be pretty good at keeping myself entertained, I recall I had many go to websites endless hours of internet surfing. And then I got engaged. Even though I'm pretty confidant I was a pretty reasonable bride, I pretty much exclusively read wedding blogs for the duration.* Those all bore me a bit now, and I can't for the life of me remember what I used to look at on the internet. I supposed I do have a few new sites I like: Day Old News (just found this one today, reminds me of old school Go Fug Yourself) Go Fug Yourself (ok, this is actually an old favorite, still good for a gasp now and then, but the site overwhelms with bells and whistles these days). I Hate Everything (Thank, Mary Frances) Slate (When I remember it there are usually some good things there) And then of course random blog click-through and stalking. I read the Times every day. The Washington Post is sadly becoming a bit obsolete in my life. I still read Carolyn Hax regularly, but the actual news portion of the online Post is just dull and a bit trivial. "Pets Celebrating the Holidays," "Krautheimer <3 Obama," (and yes that's with the emoticon) "Christmas Showdown: Santa versus Jesus." These are all stories on the front page of the Post online right now. I hope Katherine Graham isn't turning in her grave at too fast a clip. So what are your favorite "go-to" get me through the 3 o'clock lull? Please share. PLEASE. Especially you grad school people. I know you're holding out on me. I KNOW IT. *In my defense we were engaged for a long a** time and I do event planning for work, so I couldn't help it.

1 comment:

  1. I read a lot of cooking blogs...Smitten Kitchen, Annie's Eats, eat make read, etc. (I have loads more if you need suggestions) Hmm...other random sites on the internet...if you're into TV, Entertainment Weekly online often has good recaps of the shows. I like Daily Intel a lot as well. Hmmm...I read a few design blogs (Young House Love, Little Green Notebook), Dooce, hmm...all of my friends' blogs (e.g. I Hate Everything) are linked on my blog. Honestly, I just spend way too much time on Facebook. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete