- Bourbon
- Gold Schlager (I know, you know this as the terrible liquor you had to shoot at Pledge Formal, trust me, it's GREAT in cider)
- Apple Brandy (Aka Apple Jack)
- Spiced Rum
Friday, December 3, 2010
If people with babies and multiple dogs can find time to post, surely I can too...
Yep, I owe you some posts. So I'll start with the one most recently promised. The liquor-laden, in-law, pleasing party trick.
So my FAVORITE party trick when you're entertaining a crowd is the apple cider bar.
Buy a gallon or so of apple cider. Pour into your handy dandy crock pot/slow cooker. Add what every spices you prefer. A little cinnamon stick and nutmeg is usually good. Set out some or all of the following:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
omg. it is like you are in my head! I have TWO GALLONS of apple cider that I was given at the end of the Turkey Trot on T-Day and was staring at them wondering what to do. I got started fondly remembering apple pie shooters and told myself to look up and see if there was a similar mixed drink!!! my in-laws are coming in a week and I'm seriously gonna make an apple cider bar!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG, YES!!! I actually thought of them at Thanksgiving because I saw ALCOHOLIC whipped cream. And my first thought was "how amazing would that have been in apple pie shooters." My uncle (the one who thinks I'm totally innocent) was mildly horrified to hear that thought. Maybe we should have a little party to commemorate those days - but call it Junior night out this year instead of Sophomore.
ReplyDelete