I am officially, as of yesterday, in full-on freak-out mode re: the marathon. I feel down right jittery. I'm obsessing over the course, I'm making google maps of every pre-marathon step I'll take in Richmond, and checking, double-checking, and triple quadruple-checking that my hotel confirmation lists the right hotel and the right day. Yikes.
I know that there is a lot I didn't do in preparation for this marathon (missed workouts, bad workouts, weeks at work where I couldn't get away to run -- or sleep -- for love or money), but I also know there is a LOT I did do. Every go round of marathon training is exciting because I learn something new, try something new and my training gets a little more comprehensive and sophisticated. As a dear friend once told me, in the end, race day is just a celebration of the hard work you put in during training. I might have missed a workout or two (or fifteen), but there is still a LOT, like a LOT a LOT, to celebrate this Saturday.
I plan to go for a short shake-out run at lunch today, but as they say, the training hay is in the barn, so I'm not going to think or read too much in to how that run goes. Today, I'm just going to focus on hydrating and making my packing list because at this point these are the only concrete things I can control right now.
Oh, and I just realized I can check the 10-Day weather forecast now...off to weather.com.
I'm running the half - the forecast looks PERFECT! It's going to be a great day for running :)
ReplyDelete