There's nothing like going with the fam to cut down your own Christmas tree in 70 degree weather. Enjoying a caramel apple while your husband and brother-in-law lash both trees to the top of the ol' Griswold, I mean S family station wagon, only to realize that not only have you tied the trees to the roof, but all four doors are also tied shut. All four of you will then exercise your gymnastics skills by climbing in the car through the open windows. It is also the windiest day in EVER. Nothing like scooting down I-66 with two trees on your roof in high winds, fearing to drive over 55 mph and getting the evil eye from every country squire in a dirty Mercedes. And every yuppie in a Prius. If a Christmas tree flies of the roof of your car and into the windshield of the car behind you, whose insurance is responsible?
It was a lot more fun than I jut made it sound, but precisely as comical.
Hey! So I always try to reply to your comments, but I get the "no reply to blogger" notice. So I'm sorry it seems like I never write you back!
ReplyDeleteI just realized I can click on your name and get to your profile/blog (can't believe I haven't done that before). Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the tracking information!