Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We Were the House That Gave Out Pretzels

I'm mildly ashamed. Last night we turned off the porch light and we didn't give out candy. Some kids did come to the door, mistaking our kitchen being lit as "we're open for Halloween business," and we had to give them mini-bags of pretzels. For shame.  I usually aspire to be the house that gives out full-size candy bars or at least "good candy."

Oh well, we decided this year, since I've been sick and the dogs are a handful, and frankly, I didn't want any candy in the house, we wouldn't do trick or treating this year. We're curmudgeons. How did we arrive at this place? We didn't even get pumpkins!

As I mentioned, I've been sick and on a cocktail of antibiotics for the last week. The good news is that it's been perfect for tapering -- I've been resting my legs like whoa, definitely not wearing heels (not going to work for 3 days helps), definitely not drinking, and the antibiotics are curbing my appetite...nothing even tastes good.

I missed the 14 miler scheduled for this last weekend, but I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just pick  up tomorrow with whatever I'm supposed to do. Less is more at this point, and better to be healthy and well-rested than have those extra miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment