Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME

Today marks the 3rd Anniversary of my 25th Birthday. It's a momentous occasion indeed. In honor of this day, I'm going to do a lovely bullet-point blog post.
  • I've always been interested in education issues (for all kinds of exciting reasons I won't bore you with here) and I'm really intrigued by this new reality show "Teach" that will feature Tony Danza working as a first year 10th grade history teacher in a Philly high school. For those of you who don’t read the Express, which is what, everyone who reads this blog??, there was a good article in there today about the show (pg. 61). For you teachers our there, you'll appreciate that he cried on the first day.
  • I may be 27 today, but I do in fact have a giant scab on my arm from falling down at a frat house two weekends ago (why, yes, I was indeed trying to skateboard under the influence)...as much as things change...
  • Griffin has a new nickname, it's "Super Beast." This merits a whole post of it's own.
  • Today is going to be an excellent food day! The Red Hook Lobster Pound Truck is journeying to my office's neighborhood for the first time today (yesssssssssssss) and we have a coordinated battle plan involving no less than 4 people for standing in line and getting our lobster rolls. Tonight [Husband] and I will be dining at Poste for my birthday dinner. They have a chef's tasting menu they call the "Twenty Bites" tasting menu. It's very minibar-esque with the multiple (multiple!) courses and a special table for only 4 seats! Bonus: the theme of the current tasting menu is HEIRLOOM TOMATOES!!!! I like tomatoes. A LOT.
  • My mom sent me a place-setting of our china (our first) , AND pajamas with dogs AND cupcakes on them!!! Hurrah!
  • I have received many birthday wishes today (already! it's only 10:30!) and am lucky to know so many wonderful people!
That is all. Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday!!! on time now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope that it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoooray! Happy B-day. :) And those pictures were cerca 2005, Senior formal and King & Queen's I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haaahaha "skateboarding under the influence:-)" Happy (belated now) Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete