- I would have worried less and enjoyed it all more. I wouldn't have worried about what anyone thought but [Husband]. Money, being the center of attention, THE GUEST LIST (evil), doing it "wrong." I wish I could have let it all go sooner.
- I would have asked for more help. I didn't need my grandmother to address my invites, but that was a really special memory the afternoon that I sat with her and helped her address them and put them altogether. I wish I allowed myself to accept more "help" like that.
- I wish I had made a leetle more time for photos and especially some nice posed photos of me and [Husband]. I already have a plan for remedying this desire though! We got married a local park which will be the perfect spot for future maternity, baby, and family photo sessions. :)
Thursday, September 16, 2010
I'm SO Excited!!!
So tomorrow morning we head to the 'Burg for little Bro in Laws wonderful wedding weekend. They are having a real W&M wedding, with a ceremony at Wren and a reception at the site of many great (and infamous) fraternity and sorority formals. It's going to be awesome.
Every time I went to a wedding before my own, it was like I had "bride-vision": I had an eagle-eye I for the details! Would we want to do this or do that? what did we like and what would we do differently?
Now it's different. I love attending weddings now because it reminds me of our own and what a special day it was and it's amazing to watch to people proclaim in front of God and everyone that they will love and honor each other for the rest of their lives. I cannot commit to happy hour plans next week, so I am in awe of this every time I watch someone do it. I am tearing up a little as I write this and think about Little Bro In Law and KAP standing up there saying their vows (all 23 and 24 years old of them respectively).
But in a way it's a little bittersweet too. I MISS our wedding! I really wish some days we could go back and relive some of it. I will never admit to any regrets because I know it was WONDERFUL and I don't need to even get any nonsense like that in my head. But there might be a few things I would do a smidge differently.
Labels:
wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We did a full WM wedding, too! And I totally understand about going to a wedding BEFORE, and a wedding AFTER your own.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't mind a photo a day--I think it'd be sweet, actually:) I never look at our bajillion pictures, either--unless my MOM took the time to frame them for me:)
Have tons of fun back in the 'burg!
Um, PLEASE share all your photos!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm about to make my blog private, but would like to invite you to read - would you mind sending me your email address? I'm maryfranceswrites (at) gmail (dot) com.